Good morning my friends! I'm excited to share my KSS Project of the Month with you today - on Kitchen Sink Stamps Monday! This was also my class project at Stamping Around Vermont and I had so much fun putting it all together.
First, if you remember I had a POM in July - these fun berry blocks. The next week I designed a clear Box for My Blocks and to use for gift giving. I thought the box could be used for so many different things so I tweaked it a bit and came up with this project. Inside the box this time is a class votive holder with a white votive and 2 pumpkin tarts that I found in Ugly Duckling Designs' Etsy Shop. Let me just say too that the owner was awesome to work with! She made and mailed me 80 tarts within about 2-3 days of contacting her! And they smell so yummy!!
(Note: this box will not hold the 2" blocks that I used for my July project - you would have to change the score lines slightly in order to accomodate the blocks)
- Supplies: Clear Cardstock: 7" x 11", Patterned Paper: 12" x 2" (cut 1), 6" x 2" (cut 2), White Cardstock: 1 1/2" x 11" (cut 2 pieces), Ribbon: 12" (cut 2 pieces)
- I used Clear Cardstock from Papertrey Ink and cut it to 7" x 11". (For the first few steps I used white cardstock since it was easier to photograph).
- You then score the cardstock 2 1/2" from each edge on all 4 sides. I found that it was easiest to fold all the score marks before you do any cutting. See Image 1
- Using the template as a guide, cut on all the solid lines. (the dashed lines are scored but you should have already done this. See Image 2
- Fold your box, adding red-line tape or Scor-tape on the diagnonal line of the flap which goes inside the box. See Images 3 & 4
- I used a piece of patterned paper cut 2" x 12" and simple centered it over my box, folding at each corner (this is much easier than trying to get precise measurements and scoring the pp). See Images 5 & 6
- Cut another piece of patterned paper 2" x 6" and adhere. See Image 7
- I punched a hole with my Crop-A-Dile on each end of the box, put a piece of ribbon through each hole and added a brad to hold the ribbon together. See Image 8
- I cut 2 pieces of white cardstock 1 1/2" x 11" for the stamped bands around the box and after stamping them, adhered them the same way as the patterned paper.
Pumpkins: All inks are Memento
Step 3 - Tangelo
Step 2 - Tangelo (stamped off 1x)
Step 1 - Cantelope
Step 4 - Potters Clay (stamped off 1x - do this twice)
Step 5 - Potters Clay
Step 2 - Bamboo Leaves
Step 1 - Desert Sand (stamp 2x)
Step 3 - Olympia Green (stamped off 1x)
Step 2 - Bamboo Leaves
Step 1 - Bamboo Leaves (stamped off 1x)
Step 4 - Olympia Green
Phew . . . are you still with me?? There are quite a few steps here, but it actually goes together pretty quickly. Wouldn't this box be cute with cupcakes or whoopie pies or cookies in there? Or for Christmas ornaments? How about some cute little stamping supplies, brads, ribbons, fun embellies and little stamps - love it!! I'd love to see what you make with it so send me a pic or link!! Thanks for sticking with the long post - have a wonderful Monday!! Oh, and don't forget to visit the rest of the KSS Crew today!! :)