Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Jul 24, 2009

Relax

Happy Friday friends!! Anyone have big plans for the weekend?? Today is the day to pick a winner of my Jules Jewels . . . . . . . . . . . . . . here is the result from Random.org:

Random Integer Generator

Here are your random numbers:

2 

Timestamp: 2009-07-24 04:17:01 UTC

That means Debra Lois you won!! Please send me your mailing address and I'll get your prize right out!! Congrats!

Ok, on to my project. I am so late in posting my dt project for Say It With Letters, bad, bad, bad! And I'm not happy with the pictures - it was very hard to photograph due to the glossy cardstock, but trust me when I say it looks better IRL!

I took a cue from one of the papercrafting magazines and had one of my children (Anna) hold the project while I tried to photograph it.

The shape is She Shell Seashells from Say It With Letter - so perfect for this time of year and where I live. To cover the shell I used a Faux Mother of Pearl technique that I first tried long ago. I love the result you get and how you can make it different by what color inks you use!

After gluing on my background paper I looked and found this great photo of one of my children's toes at the beach (I'm not even sure whose feet they are - lol!) :) I did a bit of tweeking to the photo - all things I've been learning taking the awesome Jessica Sprague free class!

I then needed a frame for the photo. I cut a very plain frame from a piece of cardboard and then added the sand. I found this company that sells sand pre-mixed with glue in a variety of colors and mixes from Michele Kovack's blog, Thoughts of a Cardmaking Scrapbooker. The company is called Mudd Puddles and the produts are so neat! Thanks Michele!! :)

Finally I added a few shells my sister-in-law brought back from Florida, some flatback pearls and a bit of ribbon to finish it up.

I just received my next project from Deb - can't wait to working on that one! Take a minute to check out Deb's blog to see the other projects from the design team and of course visit the SIWL Etsy store to see all the fun shapes available!!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! What a project!!! But a great keepsake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome project!!! Thanks for linking me...you are a sweetie! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover