Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Jun 19, 2008

Picture Day!

I thought I'd show you what (other than children, house duties, life, etc.) has been keeping me from stamping more regularly these past couple of week! :)

Aaron had his portrait session today so next week we'll go back to see if he got any good shots. It's sort of a tradition that I make the children's outfit for their 1st birthday picture. When I lived in Atlanta for a short time after college a friend of mine taught me how to smock which is a lot of fun and fairly simple once you get the hang of it. It's so gratifying to be able to make something that I hope the children's children will wear some day!

If you've been to my house you know that I have 16x16 portraits in the dining room of each child's 1 year pictures - hopefully soon we'll have a new one! :) Have a great day!

12 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Jules...that is just amazing!! I can't wait to see how the portraits turned out, but the outfit is certainly gorgeous!! Lots of love went into that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - you're like Super Mom! You do it all: bake, sew, stamp, etc! What a cute outfit (I had to make it bigger to see the detail of those boats (you knitted!) that's one thing that's on my bucket list (things to do before I kick the bucket) look forward to seeing the pics. Is Aaron walking? I may have missed that update if he is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that outfit is beautiful. What a wonderful tradition and keepsake. You'll have to post a few of the photos. That time sure did fly by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, this is super-precious! Very, very sweet! My Mom used to smock dresses for me when I was little, and I always regretted that she didn't teach me how! It looks terribly complicated, and is probably becoming a lost art. You do beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Julie: I received your package. Am I to make a bunch of fun cards and mail them back to you with the supplies you provided? Please let me know.

    bela3@sympatico.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! I would love to see your wall with the 16 x 16 portraits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowza, you ARE super=mom! My mom used to smock also, but even though I like sewing, my talents ran more to cross-stitching on my daughter's clothes. What a wonderful heirloom!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, I thought you were fabulously talented before, but HOLY COW WOMAN, you sew too!!!!! You are officially my hero - I totally adore this cute little outfit and I am in awe that you made it since I can't even thread a needle!! WOW! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice work Jules, I'm sure the pics will turn out great - he's such a little cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so precious! Can't wait to see the new picture added to the wall of gorgeous children! :-)
    XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Julie!! Your talent never ends:) This is just wonderful. Such a beautiful tradition for your family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover