Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Apr 18, 2007

Fun Mail Day and a Project!

Today it's my turn to say - "I had such a fun mail day!!" Now, our road washed out 2 days ago due to the storm and we have had to go to the P.O. for our mail, but what I received today more than made up for hassle! I was expecting my new Faux Ribbon set from Papertrey Ink, but maybe tomorrow . . . .


Look what I did get, this beautiful card and box of Jumbo Paper Clips from Charmaine. You know her fantastic blog I'm sure (and I listed it below in my "Tag I'm It" post), Oodabug Alley. I love the card with the big beautiful flower and pretty colors and what a nice surprise to receive the jumbo clips - which I have been wanting, just haven't gotten out there to get them yet!! Thank you so much Charmaine!! Be looking out for some giant clip posts in the near future! :)

Next, I received my blog candy from Kendra Giles. I think this is the 4th time in a month I've won blog candy and this was yummy! Some cute stamps, some yummy ribbon, brads and even a great card made by Kendra! Thank you Kendra!!

Last, but not least, I received my May Arts ribbon share from Jody at Confessions of a Ribbon Addict. Aren't these beautiful??!! I love the dotted organdy and she sent it out so quickly!




Ok, now for a project . . . finally!!! I've been working on this name frame all week. It's for my SIL's stepmother to give as a gift and I wanted it to be perfect. Let me know what you think, does it need anything, is there too much? Actually, I am quiet pleased with the result. She specifically wanted the little boys middle name added which was a challenge and his room is apparently decorated with elephants so I thought the Wild About You elephant was perfect! I even used a tiny bit of my new May Arts Ribbon - way to jump right in huh? :) I cut the "C" out of a piece of Sarah DP and then cut out a piece of cardboard behind it slightly bigger which was inked with Certainly Celery. The "J" was stamped using the Kissing technique, then cut out and layered on more Sarah DP. It really looks much brighter and prettier IRL but due to the dreary day . . .

Cardstock: Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Brocade Blue, So Saffron, Sarah DP
Stamps: J Monogram Alphabet, Headline Alphabet, Classic Alphabet, Wild About You, Polka Dots & Petals, Camping jumbo wheel (for the grass), Print Pattern, Polka Dots & Paisleys
Inks: All Craft - Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Brocade Blue
Accessories: May Arts dotted organdy, Blue Bird grosgrain, Rich Regal brads & eyelets, Dimensionals, 3/4" circle punch, 1/2" circle punch

Ok, off to start cleaning and picking up the house. Emma's 5th birthday party is Friday, we ordered her cake this morning and she is so excited. I got permission from Emily at Stamping Bella to have the image of Tinkerbella put on the top of the cake (my grocery store bakery has a scanner that can do that!). I prefer to make my own cake usually, but I know she will love having a cute Tinkerbella cake and that's one less thing I have to do! :) Have a great day everyone - thanks for putting up with the looooonnnnggg post!

2 comments:

  1. Okay - this is going to be a long comment....

    The rain down here is a nightmare, I hope you're doing okay up in Maine. Will spring ever arrive in New England? Should we take bets?

    That name frame is stunning. Well done.

    Love the ribbon shares with Jody, I have to use such control when reading her blog not to order everything. I've done one ribbon and one prima share and the stuff ROCKS.

    My new P.T.I arrived today (Happy Dance!) so I'm assuming yours will arrive tomorrow. Only fair though since I've been without Green Thumb till now! (wink) Boys are going to bed on time tonight so I can stamp stamp stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the frame, you did a beautiful job with it! And your mail day was Waaaay better than mine!!!! Just kidding! You did get some nice stuff though!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover