Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Feb 10, 2011

TCP Tuesday - Tag for Owen

Late again . . . TCP Tuesday comes so fast, but I am going to be better, promise!  We have some exciting new things coming at The Cat's Pajamas and one of them is that the Inspiration Challenges will now be hosted by the fabulous Jen del Muro!  She's come up with a swanky graphic that has oodles of inspiration! Check out Jen's post for some great tips on what to draw from these pics!


I decided to take my inspiration from a few things, the layout of the first picture, the overall color scheme and the fun layered buttons.  Jen has been making some pretty cute tags lately and I thought it would be fun to make tags for my children's Valentine's bags this year instead of cards so . . . here's Owen's (only 4 more to make!)

I used the super cute bear from the new Bear Hugs set and colored him with Prismacolor pencils (which I haven't done in so long but found that it's still so fun!).  I embossed Owen's name going up the side (just like in that first pic) using the Nightie alphabet set. 


 Layering the buttons is something I haven't done much of but I love the look so you might see that trick again! *wink*


Oh, one little trick I found that worked out well - I wanted to use some yummy Divine Twine but my neutral colr was really cream-based.  Out came the Copics! I found that by coloring the Twine with an E50 marker made it the perfect shade!

Now it's your turn to WOW us with your TCP Tuesday submission!! Check out Alma's blog for all the details on how you could be the next Swanky Stamper!

Cardstock: (Dark Chocolate, Vintage Cream) Papertrey Ink, Patterned Paper: Pink Paislee, Stamps: (Bear Hugs, Nightie) The Cat's Pajamas, Ink: Memento, Versamark, Accessories: (Divine Twine) The Cat's Pajamas, (Felt, Vintage Buttons, Ribbon) Papertrey Ink, (Twill tape) SU!, Embossing powder, Tools:  (Scalloped Circle Nestabilities) Spellbinders, (Polka Dot embossing folder) Quickutz, Copic markers, Prismacolor pencils


5 comments:

  1. This is super cute Julie! Love the idea for coloring the twine too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, Julie! LOVE your color combo ... great way to glean from the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute tag Julie. Love the cute imag and the great colors... the twine is DIVINE. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover