Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

May 28, 2009

Salt Challenge - The Holy Spirit

Today's challenge on the Salt blog is from Kim. Please take a minute to read her excellent write-up on the blog. The title that came to mind as I thought about the Holy Spirit was Comforter, from John 14:26-27: "But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you."

This precious promise was given by Jesus as he was talking with His disciples before the crucifixion. As Charles Spurgeon states in a sermon entitled "The Comforter"

"Jesus must go. Weep, ye disciples; Jesus must be gone. Mourn, ye poor ones, who are to be left without a Comforter. But hear how kindly Jesus speaks: "I will not leave you comfortless, I will pray the Father, and he shall send you another Comforter, who shall be with you, and shall dwell in you forever." He would not leave those few poor sheep alone in the wilderness; he would not desert his children, and leave them fatherless. . . . [B]efore he left, he gave soothing words of comfort; like the good Samaritan, he poured in oil and wine, and we see what he promised: "I will send you another Comforter—one who shall be just what I have been, yea, even more; who shall console you in your sorrows, remove your doubts, comfort you in your afflictions, and stand as my vicar on earth, to do that which I would have done had I tarried with you."

What a blessing to know we have such a Comfort! We'd love to have you participate in our challenge - if you, please leave a link on the Salt blog.

My card today uses a beautiful dove, which is a common symbol for the Holy Spirit in the Bible, from the Kitchen Sink Stamps set, 3 Step Love Birds. The layout is a sketch by Suzanne Dean for the Susanna's Custom Art & Card Design Challenge on the Stampin' Out Alzheimer's site. Thanks for visiting!

Cardstock: Soft Sky (SU!), Smokey Shadow, Soft Stone (Papertrey Ink), Patterned Paper: Everyday Blessings (Papertrey Ink), Stamps: 3 Step Love Birds, sentiment from 3 Step Bells (Kitchen Sink Stamps), Ink: Platinum Planet (Brilliance), Soft Snow (Papertrey Ink), London Fog (Memento), Accessories: Dew Drops, Nestabilities, Dimensionals, Ribbon (SU!)

7 comments:

  1. Fastastic! Love the card, the dove is perfect, and your comments. What an excellent and encouraging section of a sermon from Spurgeon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful message, and gorgeous card, Julie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a lovely card, very serene - perfect for the message.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful. I love your choice of verse and thanks for sharing Spurgeon's thoughts x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card Julie...and an outstanding post. Where would we all be without the great comforter?

    Thanks for sharing your insight! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover