Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Apr 6, 2009

KSS Mono Pops!

Hello my stamping friends!! It's Monday already and we had just a beautiful day yesterday here in Maine. The weather forecast was sooooo wrong - but yeah for us! :)

It's time for another Kitchen Sink Stamps Monday Crew Challenge! This week we have a Guest Challenger, Makiko Jones!! She won the What's Cook'n With Your Kitchen Sink Stamps Contest for Jan/Feb which gives her the cool job of being our Guest Challenger! Don't forget you can play along with this challenge - just go to the Kitchen Sink Blog and link up your creation before the deadline! You could win FREE KSS Stamps! :)

Makiko's challenge was to create a monochromatic card with a pop - i.e., add some dimension! I don't know why but for some reason I have a very hard time with monochromatic cards. I just can't seem to make them work, any tips?

I fiddled with this for quite a while - in the end I like it but it could be better. Ever felt like that? :) I used the fabulous new Nesting Dolls set and the layout is this week's CPS sketch (#110) which seemed a good fit with the egg shape.

I love the look of these Ukranian style eggs. I watched someone making them once (I think it was on Reading Rainbow??) - very labor intensive, but oh how beautiful!! Usually they are much more colorful than this, and with a base of black I think, but I went with pink for my mono color. It's hard to tell, but the layer with the egg image is popped up with foam adhesive and I used some teeny, tiny Swarovski crystals to accent the egg.

Please be sure to see what the other Crew Members cooked up for today and please give the challenge a try and send us your link!! Have a great day!

Maria, Lynn, Nicole, Tammy, Lori, Angela, Dee, Makiko

Cardstock: Sweet Blush (Papertrey Ink), Black, White (SU!), Patterned Paper: Bitty Dots (Papertrey Ink), Stamps: Nesting Dolls, Ready 4 Any Holiday (Kitchen Sink Stamps), Ink: Rose Bud (Memento), Accessories: Dimensionals, Nestabilities, Pinking shears, Ribbon (Papertrey Ink), Copic markers, Swarovski crystals

14 comments:

  1. I love your card! Gorgeous details on it, the cardstock with the pinking shear details, which match the egg so perfectly! Awesome!

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this beautiful pink creation, Julie!! Your egg is gorgeous framed in your oval mats!!What a wonderful Easter design!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous card Julie...I just adore all the pink and the pop of black!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great use of that CPS sketch - love the images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sweet card, Julie! Love the "pop" of black with the pink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Julie. The colors are great and so is the detail. -Molly B

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many lovely elements that make this such a gorgeous card - I love the beautiful pink tones x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you lined up the diamond pattern with the pinking edge. You picked such pretty pinks! Super cute Easter card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You made such a pretty card, Julie! The touch of black certainly makes the card POP!! Thank you for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How pretty! I love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I saw your card, right away I thought of Ukranian Easter Eggs....and then I noticed that you used Nesting Dolls....so it made sense. Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a super cute card! that egg is adorable...>"<

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is lovely and oh, so elegant! I'm visiting here for the first time via CPS110 challenge.. You have a wonderful blog and great work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a pretty Easter card, Julie!! I love the colors too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover