Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Feb 17, 2007

Boy has it been a busy few days! We've had birthday parties, oil changes, board meetings and all the other life moments. But I wanted to post a quick tutorial that I promised a couple of days ago. Again, I'm sure most (if not all) of you veteran crafters out there already know this technique, but . . . maybe someone out there doesn't so . . . .

Faux tearing. I've heard from several of my customers and friends over the years that they are "afraid" of, or don't like to tear - they like the look but just can't seem to do it. This is for you!

I like to use just a sheet of scrap paper - that way you aren't using up precious cardstock. I first cut the paper to match the size of my card, this will be the mask. Then, just tear the sheet so that you get a nice edge. Place the mask on your cardstock and attach with small piece of double-sided tape. You can make this any size, if you want a smaller portion to be stamped just make the mask bigger.

Next, just ink your background stamp or whatever stamp you are using and stamp the image on your paper. With these large background stamps I like to use a clean brayer to put nice even pressure on the image. Then remove the mask from your cardstock and you are left with what looks like a torn stamped image.
Experiment with different images, colors and sizes of the mask. I think you'll have fun with this and you can create lots of different looks without having to tear your card to shreds!! :) Have fun, let me know how you make out.

Oh, and remember, I'm drawing the name for my blog candy today - I think you still may have time to enter . . . tell your friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover