Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out
 

Sep 4, 2007

My new SU! set - Season of Joy!

I know this isn't exactly what I hinted at but it is made with my new SU! Season of Joy set which is in the Holiday mini catalog. I also bought the Apple Cider designer paper for the Holiday mini and it's beautiful fall colors were calling me so I decided to try using them together. At first the new Boho West style that SU! introduced in the new catalog didn't particularly appeal to me but I think it's slowly growing on me and these papers have definitely helped!! After this, I may "need" to get one of the other sets in the this style - Priceless or True Friend! LOL!


But for now, here is my card - I really love the look of it! I used Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #17 which is really a great sketch! I started with Wild Wasabi cardstock and layered it with a piece Chocolate Chip and DP both punched with the ticket corner punch. I cut out 2 circles with my CM circle cutters and on the Chocolate Chip one I used the new Corner Rounder punch and made a scalloped edge (since the circles are only partial circles the corner rounder worked great - no worries about the scallops meeting perfectly!) Then I used the flower from the Season of Joy set (I think it probably is supposed to be a poinsettia but I think it could work for anything, do you think???) and stamped it in River Rock and Really Rust on Very Vanilla cardstock, cut them out, layered them, added the copper brads in the center and added it to my partial circles. I layered them on a Really Rust circle to make it stand out just a bit more. The whole thing is popped out with dimensionals.

The middle strip is Really Rust, with some paper piercing and a sentiment from a retired SU! hostess set, layered with another piece of DP and tied with some Stitched Wild Wasabi ribbon. I LOVE SU! new ribbon - so many great colors and styles to choose from now - stitched, taffeta, wide and narrow grosgrain, gingham - it's all such great quality!!

I stamped the tiny flower in Really Rust, punched it out, added another copper brad and layered it on River Rock circle for the upper right corner that was looking just a bit bare. Finally, I added the embossed circles in the corners using my Crop-a-dile (Beate has a great little tutorial about using this tool).

I think I'm going to make up a bunch of these cards and similar ones to take to the apple orchard down the road. They just opened this season with all Organic apples and a nice little store so it looks like a great place to sell some cards!

One more thing, SU! current promotion is called Fall Frenzy - here are the details:
Now through September 30, spend $30 in regular priced merchandise and qualify to purchase one of each of the six promotional stamp sets at 30 percent off!
#105355 - Bitty Boos Too (page 26)
#109284 - Haunting Halloween (page 29)
#107383 - Thoroughly Thankful (page 30)
#109373 - Autumn Fest (page 108)
#109421 - Elementary Essentials (page 91)
#110366 - Stem Silhouettes (Holiday Mini page 17)

Who doesn't love discounted stamps???!! Call me today if you are interested in ordering or hosting a workshop and getting FREE product!!

Thanks for putting up with the long post today! Hope you all had a great holiday and enjoy the week ahead!

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. I love the new set, colors and paper and your dry embossed corners. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, your card is gorgeous! Beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, love your paper combos and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just GORGEOUS Julie! I love it! I LOVE that paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Julie...I LOVE it! Can't wait to get this set and paper soon. Great job with Beate's sketch too. Good luck selling the cards, let us know how it goes!

    Huggs,
    Jana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card Julie - the paper and colors are awesome together! Great job! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card -- makes me ready for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY GOSH! What a BEAUTIFUL Card! I love it so much! THanks for sharing!! Hugs! Ash~

    www.ashleyscreativecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH I love that set! The Big Brown Truck should be arriving in the next day or two! I want to CASE this card! It's gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card. Great job on Beate's sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so gorgeous, Julie!! I really love what you've done with Beate's sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have been busy!!

    This card is beautiful - love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!

I Currently Design For . . .

Get 10% off your KSS order: CLICK HERE

. . . and

The Cat Pajamas

. . . and



. . . and
Photobucket

Moxie Fab Winner

See My Work page above Moxie Fab World Challenge Winner Winner of the Get Woodsie Challenge
 
This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover