Pages

Nov 4, 2008

The Nativity

Have you seen the new sets from Paper Pretties yet? We had such a fun Stamping In Your Jammies/Release party on Saturday night . . . the party goers had me laughing out loud most of the night, poor hubby! :)

Just in case you weren't there and haven't seen yet, here is one of my cards. Our first challenge from Charmaine was to create a gate-fold card - yippy!! I got to use my new Scor-Pal (one of the goodies we received on the cruise - thank you Scor-Pal!!!).

I used The Nativity set for my card, along with the star and sentiment from Adore Him. The other 2 sets are Pa Rum Pa Pa Pum and Worship the King - oh and don't forget Angel Wings Sophia is not available for purchase! If you'd like the whole release from this month it's available here.

Making a gate-fold card was so easy with the Scor-Pal - it's already marked for it! I used an old SU! background stamp (Stripes) for the front of my card. While the sentiment circle was still in the Nestabilities die, I spritzed it with Gold Memories Mist (also a cruise goodie!) - it really gives it a beautiful golden glow!

On the inside, I added the star, which was also spritzed with Memories Mist, above the baby Jesus and used the sides of the card for Mary & Joseph (aka Sophia & Cooper).

I used yet another cruise goodie for this card - Koh-i-Noor Woodless Colour Pencils - thanks to Gina K (although I had use my Prismacolor pencils for the flesh tones and khaki color)! These pencils are so neat - I had heard it from others, but once you use them you will see - they really do blend beautifully!!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Remember that today is the day you can purchase the 2 new release stamp sets from Kitchen Sink Stamps too - I have another sample to show you soon! :) Have a great day!

Cardstock: Dark Chocolate, White (Papertrey Ink), Gold (SU!), Patterned Paper: Memory Box, Stamps: The Nativity, Worship Him (Paper Pretties), Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Accessories: Nestabilities, ribbon, Corner Rounder punch, Gold Memories Mist (Steward Superior), Dimensionals, Koh-i-Noor pencils, OMS

10 comments:

  1. This is so fabulous Jules, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely!! What a great idea to set up a Nativity gate fold!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this card. It's so pretty and elegant on the outside and then the detail inside is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute, Julie! I love how it opens up to the images!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so pretty. I haven't tried this fold :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice Julie. I love the fold of the card and your coloring is awesome. -Molly B

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous Nativity card, and a wonderful idea!! Love it, Julie!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! mom your card looks great! i love the star at the top! it looks just like the real star when baby jesus was born and the wisemen followed i love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting!!